- Near Sabooa
- Watercolor, graphite, white gouache, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, wove paper, mounted on thick, moderately textured, wove paper
- Sheet: 2 7/8 x 10 5/8 inches (7.3 x 27 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "near Sabooa. Feby 1. 1867. 8-8.30.AM. A A Trees- like blue gray olives: a sort of [s?]on[t?]; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(307)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "186 | 197"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | lake | landscape | riverbank | trees
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Lake Nasser | Nubia
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Near Sabooa, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.