Sunset in the Cotswolds
- Watercolor and graphite on very thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- 7 3/4 × 6 inches (19.7 × 15.2 cm)
There is a label on the back of the frame which reads: "John M. Wiseman/Gilder and Picture Framer/Newport, R.I."
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower right: "F.L.G. | 1936"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Adelaide C. Roberts and Alexandra C. Dane
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | clouds | glare | hills | houses | light | river | sunset | trees
- Associated Places:
- Cotswold Hills | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Frederick Landseer Maur Griggs, 1876–1938, British, Sunset in the Cotswolds, 1936
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.