Sunset in the Cotswolds
- Watercolor and graphite on very thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/4 × 6 inches (19.7 × 15.2 cm)
There is a label on the back of the frame which reads: "John M. Wiseman/Gilder and Picture Framer/Newport, R.I."
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower right: "F.L.G. | 1936"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Adelaide C. Roberts and Alexandra C. Dane
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | glare | hills | houses | light | river | trees
- Associated Places:
- Cotswold Hills | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Frederick Landseer Maur Griggs, 1876–1938, British, Sunset in the Cotswolds, 1936
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.