IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Ibreem, 10:00 am, 2 February 1867 (317), 1867
Ibreem, 10:00 am, 2 February 1867 (317)
- Additional Title(s):
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink over graphite on thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 7/16 x 6 7/8 inches (6.2 x 17.5 cm)
inscribed in pen with brown ink, lower left: "10. AM. 2. Feby. 1867. Ibreem"; in brown ink, lower right: "317"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | landscape | palm trees | river | river | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile | Nubia | Nubia | Qasr Ibrim
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Edward Lear and the Art of Travel (Yale Center for British Art, 2000-09-20 - 2001-01-14) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.