IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Charles Pears, 1873–1958, British, Brighton and Hove, between 1923 and 1947
Brighton and Hove
- between 1923 and 1947
- Sheet: 39 3/4 x 49 7/8 inches (101 x 126.7 cm), Mount: 43 1/16 x 52 3/8 inches (109.4 x 133 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "BRIGHTON and HOVE | Free Guide from Town Publicity Department. | SIX ELECTRIC TRAINS HOURLY TO AND | FROM LONDON. THROUGH EXPRESSES FROM | MIDLANDS, NORTH AND WEST"; in small black type, along bottom edge of image, left: "SOUTHERN RAILWAY ADVERTISING;" center: "Ad 2914/4000/1935"; right: "PRINTED by WATERLOW & SONS LTD ["TD" in superscript], LONDON, DUNSTABLE & WATFORD".
Signed in white, bottom left corner of image: "CHAS. PEARS."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Henry S. Hacker, Yale BA 1965
- Copyright Status:
- © National Railway Museum / SSPL
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | cityscape | marine art | rowing | sailboats | tourism | transportation
- Associated Places:
- Brighton | England | Europe | Hove | Sussex | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.