- Brighton and Hove
- between 1923 and 1947
- Sheet: 39 3/4 x 49 7/8 inches (101 x 126.7 cm) and Mount: 43 1/16 x 52 3/8 inches (109.4 x 133 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "BRIGHTON and HOVE | Free Guide from Town Publicity Department. | SIX ELECTRIC TRAINS HOURLY TO AND | FROM LONDON. THROUGH EXPRESSES FROM | MIDLANDS, NORTH AND WEST"; in small black type, along bottom edge of image, left: "SOUTHERN RAILWAY ADVERTISING;" center: "Ad 2914/4000/1935"; right: "PRINTED by WATERLOW & SONS LTD ["TD" in superscript], LONDON, DUNSTABLE & WATFORD".
Signed in white, bottom left corner of image: "CHAS. PEARS."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Henry S. Hacker, Yale BA 1965
- Copyright Status:
- © National Railway Museum / SSPL
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | cityscape | marine art | rowing | sailboats | tourism | transportation
- Associated Places:
- Brighton | England | Europe | Hove | Sussex | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Pears, 1873–1958, British, Brighton and Hove, between 1923 and 1947
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.