- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 11 15/16 x 10 3/16 inches (30.4 x 25.8 cm), Plate: 8 3/8 x 6 7/8 inches (21.3 x 17.5 cm), and Image: 8 3/8 x 6 7/8 inches (21.3 x 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "M164-DEX2-A2X2"; lower left: "M164-DEXZ-ARXZ"; lower right: "1B | Temps difficiles"
Marked with engraver's blindstamp monogram, lower left: "WLH"; marked in black ink, lower left, stamp: "1695"
Lettered, lower left inside image (faint): "W | LH"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "W Lee-Hankey - inv et del"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Judith and Norman A. Zlotsky, Yale BS 1953
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | bath | bowl | bucket | children | crucifix | embracing | family | genre subject | holding | mother | paintings | poor | poverty | resting | sleeping | working class
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.