- between 1910 and 1911
- Etching and drypoint on thin, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 13 3/4 x 11 1/4 inches (35 x 28.5 cm), Plate: 9 7/8 x 7 13/16 inches (25.1 x 19.9 cm), and Image: 9 7/8 x 7 13/16 inches (25.1 x 19.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Cave Maiden"; lower right: "LIV"
Marked with engraver's blindstamp monogram, lower left: "WLH"; marked in blue ink, lower left, stamp: "124"
LEttered, lower right inside image: "(in sketched square) W | L H"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "W Lee-Hankey - inv et del"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Judith and Norman A. Zlotsky, Yale BS 1953
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cave | figure study | geology | nude | pond | rocks (landforms) | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Lee Hankey, 1869–1952, British, Cave Maiden, between 1910 and 1911
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.