- Near Abu Simbel
- Watercolor, graphite, gouache, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper, mounted on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 5/8 x 10 1/2 inches (6.7 x 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "6.45.AM Febr 3. 1867. near Aboo Simbl.; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(334)"; Verson: inscribed in graphite, upper right: "208"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape | river | river | sky | sunrise | water
- Associated Places:
- Abu Simbel | Africa | Egypt | Nasser, Lake | Nile | Nubia
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Near Abu Simbel, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.