- Near Wady Halfeh
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/4 x 9 7/8 inches (8.3 x 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "near Wady Halfes. 10AM. Feby 6-(but make it "sunset.) 1867; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(357)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "99 up"; inscribed in graphite, center: "next above lowest"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "217"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure (representation) | hill | landscape | riverbank | stone | structures (single built works) | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Sudan | Wadi Halfa
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Near Wady Halfeh, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.