IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Near Wady Halfeh, 1867
Near Wady Halfeh
- Additional Title(s):
Near Wadi Halfa
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/4 x 9 7/8 inches (8.3 x 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "near Wady Halfes. 10AM. Feby 6-(but make it "sunset.) 1867; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(357)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "99 up"; inscribed in graphite, center: "next above lowest"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "217"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure (representation) | hill | landscape | riverbank | stone | structures (single built works) | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Sudan | Wadi Halfa
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.