- Studies of boats on the Nile
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, blue laid paper
- Sheet: 3 5/8 x 3 1/2 inches (9.2 x 8.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(360)"; Verso, inscribed in pen and black ink, center: "98. up | Top line. middle"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | marine art | sails | studies (visual works)
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Nile
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Studies of boats on the Nile, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.