- Faras Westbank
- Watercolor, graphite, white gouache, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 2 1/2 x 10 9/16 inches (6.4 x 26.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left - lower right: "Faras? West bank 12.45.PM. 7.Feby. 1867. Horises brick, darker than sand heaps. purple for hills Pylon 366"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper center - lower center: "B" | up 9;7 | next above lowest"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape | palm trees | sand | sky | structures (structural elements) | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Lake Nasser | Nubia
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Faras Westbank, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.