- Kulat Adde, near Abu Simbel
- Watercolor, graphite, gouache, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 9/16 x 7 11/16 inches (6.5 x 19.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Kulat Adde. | near Abou Simbl. 8.AM. Feby. 8. 1867"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: ""(368)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "223"; inscribed in graphite, center: 97 up. lowest (right)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | hills | lake | landscape | pyramid (tomb) | riverbank | structures (single built works) | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Lake Nasser | Nubia
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Kulat Adde, near Abu Simbel, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.