IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Sabooa, 1867
- Additional Title(s):
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured wove paper, mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 11/16 x 7 1/2 inches (9.4 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Sabooa.7.AM. 13.Feby.1867"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(442)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, center: "247"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | lake | landscape | river | river | river | ruins | sand | sky | temple | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Lake Nasser | Nile | Nubia
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.