- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, smooth, wove paper, mounted on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 1/16 x 3 5/16 inches (5.2 x 8.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "9.AM.Feb 19.1867." ; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Philse"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "533"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "533"; inscribed in graphite on mount, lower right: "280"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | island | landscape | river | river | rocks (landforms) | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Aswan High Dam | Egypt | Nile | Philae
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Philae, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.