Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Boat on the Nile, January - March 1867
Boat on the Nile
- January - March 1867
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/4 x 5 3/4 inches (8.3 x 14.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, verso, center: "98. up. | next below top | middle."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | figures (representations) | ladder | marine art | river | sails | sky | steps
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.