Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Boat on the Nile, January - March 1867
Boat on the Nile
- January - March 1867
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 3 1/4 x 5 3/4 inches (8.3 x 14.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, verso, center: "98. up. | next below top | middle."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | figures (representations) | ladder | marine art | river | sails | sky | steps
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.