- Near El Azerat
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 7/16 x 4 15/16 inches (8.7 x 12.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite, lower left: "8.15.AM. March 1. 1867. near El Azerat."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite, lower right: "570"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "155. up | next above B"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "305"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | cliffs | landscape | river | river | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Nile | Sohag | Upper Egypt
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Near El Azerat, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.