- Near El Azerat
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 1/2 x 6 15/16 inches (6.4 x 17.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite, lower left: "near El Azerat. 8.30.AM. March 1. 1867; inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite, lower right: "(571)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "155. up"; inscribed in graphite, center: "next above lowest- left"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "306"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | cliffs | landscape | river | river | rocks (landforms) | sails | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Nile | Sohag | Upper Egypt
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Near El Azerat, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.