Boats on the Nile
- Watercolor, graphite, white gouache, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 2 1/16 x 10 3/8 inches (5.2 x 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "piles of blue & white 'blameless'"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "579A"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "147. up; inscribed in graphite, center: "Top"; inscribed in graphite, right center: "312"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | figures (representations) | genre subject | marine art | sails | studies (visual works)
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Nile
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.