River pass between semi barren rock cliffs
- Additional Title(s):
Gebel Sheikh Abu fodd, 7:30AM, 4 March 1867
- Watercolor, graphite, gouache, pen and black ink on thick, slightly textured, wove paper, mounted on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 x 9 7/8 inches (15.6 x 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black in, lower left: [cyrillic writing]; Verso: inscribed in graphite, left center: "Gebel Sheikh Abu Fodde 7:30 am | March 4, 1867 (590)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | landscape | pass (delta) | river | rocks (landforms) | sky | water
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, River pass between semi barren rock cliffs, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.