- River pass between semi barren rock cliffs
- Watercolor, graphite, gouache, pen and black ink on thick, slightly textured, wove paper, mounted on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 x 9 7/8 inches (15.6 x 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black in, lower left: [cyrillic writing]; Verso: inscribed in graphite, left center: "Gebel Sheikh Abu Fodde 7:30 am | March 4, 1867 (590)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | landscape | pass (delta) | river | rocks (landforms) | sky | water
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, River pass between semi barren rock cliffs, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.