- Sheet: 39 1/16 x 24 15/16 inches (99.2 x 63.3 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "THE WATERWAY'S traditional gaudy-gay decoration is fast vanishing, but you can still escape to | this quiet, withdrawn world - to the Grand Union Canal, idyllic and sylvan in Casslobury Park, | Watford; to the River Lee, slow-moving under the broad Hertfordshire sky, trimly business-like at | Broxbourne, Sawbridgeworth, Hoddesdon. But for a duck's eye view go to Little Venice, Paddington, | and then by narrow boat to the Zoo, or (on Saturday evenings only) out to Greenford. | Underground to Warwick Avenue for Little Venice"
Signed lower right: "John Finnie"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Henry S. Hacker, Yale BA 1965
- Copyright Status:
- © TfL
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | bridge (built work) | canal | cityscape | tourism | transportation
- Associated Places:
- Cassiobury Park | England | Grand Union Canal | Hertfordshire | Watford
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Finnie, born 1935, British, Waterways, 1965
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.