- Gebel Sheikh Eredi, before sunrise
- Watercolor, graphite, white gouache, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, brown wove paper, mounted on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/4 x 6 3/16 inches (8.3 x 15.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "before sunrise Gebel S. Erede. March.6.1867"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, center: "322"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | hills | landscape | river | river | sand | sunrise | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Nile | Upper Egypt
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Gebel Sheikh Eredi, before sunrise, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.