Old St. Paul's
- Sheet: 39 x 25 inches (99.1 x 63.5 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "Old St Paul's - old because the West Front has lately been | transformed. If you ever have thought London soot can beautify, | go at once and look at St. Paul's from the top of Ludgate Hill. Imagine the | whole building as Wren himself saw it, and then make a contribution, lordly | or modest, to the Lord Mayor's fund for a complete transformation."
Signed center right: "Anthony Eckersley"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Henry S. Hacker, Yale BA 1965
- Copyright Status:
- © TfL
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- advertisement | architectural subject | cathedral | facade | tourism | transportation
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | St. Paul's Cathedral | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.