Old St. Paul's
- 39 x 25 inches (99.1 x 63.5 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "Old St Paul's - old because the West Front has lately been | transformed. If you ever have thought London soot can beautify, | go at once and look at St. Paul's from the top of Ludgate Hill. Imagine the | whole building as Wren himself saw it, and then make a contribution, lordly | or modest, to the Lord Mayor's fund for a complete transformation."
Signed center right: "Anthony Eckersley"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Henry S. Hacker, Yale BA 1965
- Copyright Status:
- © TfL
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- advertisement | architectural subject | cathedral | facade | tourism | transportation
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | St. Paul's Cathedral | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Art for All - British Posters for Transport (The Wolfsonian Museum, 2011-04-15 - 2011-08-14) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Art for All - British Posters for Transport (Musée de l'Imprimerie, 2010-10-13 - 2011-02-15) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Art for All - British Posters for Transport (Yale Center for British Art, 2010-05-27 - 2010-08-15) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]