- Avenue of Trees
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 x 3 13/16 inches (14.6 x 9.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "1.PM. | March 15. 1867."; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper center: "328"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "164 | Longwise | top line, middle"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- avenue | genre subject | palm trees | path | sky
- Associated Places:
- Egypt | Memphis
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Avenue of Trees, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.