- Boats on the Nile
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 1 13/16 x 3 5/16 inches (4.6 x 8.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "149.up | Lowest middle"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | marine art | river | river | sails | sky | studies (visual works) | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Boats on the Nile, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.