- Egpytian Man on Camel
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 1/16 x 1 11/16 inches (5.2 x 4.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right: "blue gray"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, center left: "168 up | next | above lowest | lower | right"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- blanket (covering) | camel (mammal) | Egyptian | figure study | genre subject | man | robe | seated | study (visual work) | turban
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Egpytian Man on Camel, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.