- Study of an Egyptian Man on a Camel
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 1/8 x 1 11/16 inches (5.4 x 4.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "168 up | line next | above lowest | right-upper"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- camel (mammal) | Egyptian | figure study | figures (representations) | genre subject | robe | study (visual work) | turban
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Study of an Egyptian Man on a Camel, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.