Opposite Kom Ombos Abu Jer
- Additional Title(s):
Study of Palm Trees
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 1/2 x 1 5/8 inches (6.3 x 4.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "7.50.AM. | Opposite Kon Ombos. Abou Jer= | Feby 2?__1867. =dans in | Palms."; Verso: inscribed in graphite, center: "148 up | Top right."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | study (visual work)
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Aswan | Egypt
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Opposite Kom Ombos Abu Jer, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.