- Additional Title(s):
When disturbed by the Crows, 5:00 a.m. March 24, 1867 (N.S.3)
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 3/4 x 8 1/2 inches (7 x 21.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink over graphite, lower left: "24.March.5.AM.- "when disturbed by the Crows."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(3)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "168 up | next above lowest"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "347"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- camels (mammals) | figures (representations) | genre subject | landscape | moon | palm trees | sand | sky | tents
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Belbeis | Egypt
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.