IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Kourayim, 1867
- Additional Title(s):
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/4 x 9 inches (13.3 x 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Kourayim. 5.15.PM. March 24. 1867"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "8"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "169. up"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, center: "Lowest"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "352"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bushes | figure (representation) | landscape | palm trees | sky | structures (single built works)
- Associated Places:
- Al Qurayn | Hadhramaut | Yemen
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.