- Gantara (Suez Canal), 5:25 am, 27 March 1867 (20)
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/2 × 9 inches (8.9 × 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Gantara. (Suez Canal.) 5.25. AM. March 27. 1867."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(20)"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "171 up"; in graphite, center: "Lowest"; in graphite, upper right: "361"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- camels (mammals) | desert | figures (representations) | landscape | sky | tents
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Al Qantarah | Suez Canal
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Gantara (Suez Canal), 5:25 am, 27 March 1867 (20), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.