- El Areesh
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/16 x 6 5/16 inches (10.3 x 16 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "March 31. 1867"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, center: "next above lowest"; in graphite, upper center: "365"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | moon | sand | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Arish, Wadi el | Egypt | Sinai Peninsula
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, El Areesh, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.