- Near Khan Yunas
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/4 x 8 7/8 inches (12.1 x 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "April 1. 1867. 5.PM. | near Khan Yunas."; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Sand white | 40"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "176 up"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Lowest"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barrels (containers) | camels (mammals) | figures (representations) | genre subject | hill | landscape | tents
- Associated Places:
- Gaza Strip | Khan Yunis
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Near Khan Yunas, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.