One of six perspective designs for the Concave Mirror and engraved mirrors in Vauxhall Gardens
- Etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 15/16 x 15 1/2 inches (27.8 x 39.4 cm), Plate: 9 13/16 x 12 1/4 inches (24.9 x 31.1 cm), and Image: 8 9/16 x 11 9/16 inches (21.8 x 29.4 cm)
Lettered, in black ink, upper left: "5"; lower left under image: "S.W. inv.r"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animals | arches | architectural subject | balustrade | children | cloaks | columns | concave mirrors | costume | designs | discussion (meeting) | dresses | exploring | fancy dress | fans | gardens | hallways | hats | leisure | men | palace | plans | sculpture | stairs | statues | talking | windows | women | wrought iron
- Associated Places:
- England | Greater London | Lambeth | London | Southwark | United Kingdom | Vauxhall Gardens
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Jacob Bonneau, 1741–1786, British, One of six perspective designs for the Concave Mirror and engraved mirrors in Vauxhall Gardens, 1751
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.