- Near Salo, Maderno
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/8 x 8 15/16 inches (7.9 x 22.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite, lower left: "2.15.PM. May 14. 1867. near Salo."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Maderno."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "88"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "229 up Top"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- lake | landscape | mountains | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Maderno | Salo
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Near Salo, Maderno, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.