Pettenasco, Lago d'Orta, 4:00 pm, 2 June 1867 (221)
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/4 x 8 1/2 inches (10.8 x 21.6 cm)
inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "Pettinasco. Lago D'Orta. 4.PM. June 2. 1867"; in brown ink, lower right: "(221)"; Verso: in graphite, upper left: "284"; in graphite, upper center: "391"; in graphite, center: "Middle"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | grass | study (visual work) | vegetation
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Orta, Lago d' | Piedmont
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Pettenasco, Lago d'Orta, 4:00 pm, 2 June 1867 (221), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.