- Pettenasco, Lago d'Orta
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/4 x 6 5/16 inches (10.8 x 16 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite, lower left: "Pettinasco. | Lago d'Orta. | 4.14.PM. | JUne 2. 1867."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite, lower center: "ears light off"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite, lower right: "grass | vines richer. | (223)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "284 up | Lowest | left"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | grass | lake | trees
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Lago d'Orta | Piedmont
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Pettenasco, Lago d'Orta, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.