- Pettenasco, Lago d'Orta, 4:20 pm, 2 June 1867 (224)
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/4 x 6 3/8 inches (10.8 x 16.2 cm)
inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "Pettinasco | Lago D'Orta. 4.20. PM. June 2. 1867"; in brown ink, lower right:"(224)"; Verso: in graphite, center: "284 up | Lowest | Right"; in graphite, lower right: "394"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | grass | study (visual work) | trees
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Orta, Lago d' | Piedmont
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Pettenasco, Lago d'Orta, 4:20 pm, 2 June 1867 (224), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.