- Val di Roppa, Corfu, 22 May 1868
- Pen and brown ink and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 20 inches (35.6 × 50.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center left to center right: "pale red earth | light green rox | earth | grey rox | perfect flat [...] | oacher earth | all dark | ivy | filmy | shade"; lower left: "Some dark blu. yel. [...] tight [...]"; lower center: "cut | x x light off"; lower right: "Val di Roppa | from near - "; lower right: "all in shade | flat leaves [...] 93"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "394a"; center: "103 | Longwise | alone"; lower right: "Corfu"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | men | mountains | people | rocks (landforms) | trees | women
- Associated Places:
- Corfu | Ellás | Europe | Greece | Iónioi Nísoi | Kérkira
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Val di Roppa, Corfu, 22 May 1868, 1868
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.