Val di Roppa, Corfu, 22 May 1868
- Pen and brown ink and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 20 inches (35.6 × 50.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center left to center right: "pale red earth | light green rox | earth | grey rox | perfect flat [...] | oacher earth | all dark | ivy | filmy | shade"; lower left: "Some dark blu. yel. [...] tight [...]"; lower center: "cut | x x light off"; lower right: "Val di Roppa | from near - "; lower right: "all in shade | flat leaves [...] 93"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "394a"; center: "103 | Longwise | alone"; lower right: "Corfu"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | men | mountains | people | rocks (landforms) | trees | women
- Associated Places:
- Corfu | Ellás | Europe | Greece | Iónioi Nísoi | Kérkira
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Val di Roppa, Corfu, 22 May 1868, 1868
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.