King Charles I of England, Mounted
- Part Of:
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 4 1/4 inches (15.9 × 10.8 cm), Mount: 12 × 14 1/4 inches (30.5 × 36.2 cm), and Binding: 12 inches (30.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "King Charles 1st of England"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "Drawn by Seymour"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | horseback riders | horseback riding | king (person) | man | sporting art
- Associated People:
- King Charles I
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, King Charles I of England, Mounted, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.