Horse and Rider Walking to Right
- Part Of:
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 × 7 3/4 inches (15.2 × 19.7 cm), Mount: 12 × 14 1/4 inches (30.5 × 36.2 cm), and Binding: 12 inches (30.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "To make a | Sketch of this"; center right: "Eye | Regardant"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | genre subject | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | man | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, Horse and Rider Walking to Right, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.