IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Edward Bouverie-Hoyton, active 1930, Hedging and Ditching, 1920s
Hedging and Ditching
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, beige Asian paper
- Sheet: 12 7/16 x 10 3/16 inches (31.6 x 25.8 cm), Plate: 8 1/2 x 7 1/4 inches (21.6 x 18.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Hedging and Ditching P. A. C. d 17262"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "[...] Hoyton. (underlined)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Judith and Norman A. Zlotsky, Yale BS 1953
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bushes | chapel | church | cross (object) | digging | ditch | farmers | farming | fence | fields | genre subject | hat | hedges | labor | landscape | shovels | shrubs | stained glass | suspenders (garment supports) | tools | trees | trimming (cutting) | trousers | windows
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.