- A Zebra
- ca. 1807
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 16 × 12 3/4 inches (40.6 × 32.4 cm) and Image: 8 1/4 × 8 1/4 inches (21 × 21 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Equus Zebra."; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "from Life by sundry Specimens"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "6 83 Mellon | 62/6/8/19 | copy"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | zebra (mammal)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Howitt, 1756–1822, British, A Zebra, ca. 1807
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.