Samuel Palmer, 1805–1881, British, active in Italy (1837–39), Study for "The Shearers", between 1833 and 1834
Study for "The Shearers"
- Additional Title(s):
- between 1833 and 1834
- Graphite and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Frame: 19 5/16 × 15 7/8 × 1 1/16 inches (49 × 40.3 × 2.7 cm) and Sheet: 13 1/4 × 10 5/16 inches (33.7 × 26.2 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hat | scythe | still life | tools
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.