Paul Sandby RA, 1731–1809, British, Edward Mason, between 1755 and 1760
- between 1755 and 1760
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, sightly textured, cream laid paper
- Frame: 13 3/8 × 10 1/4 × 13/16 inches (34 × 26 × 2.1 cm) and Sheet: 8 x 5 1/4in. (20.3 x 13.3cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "Mason | Librarian to the Late | Duke of Cumberland"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- duke | figure study | librarian | monocle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.