King Charles Spaniel
- Additional Title(s):
King Charles Spaniel; a study for the dog in the painting, "The First Ear-ring"
- Graphite, pen and brown ink, brown wash, white gouache and red gouache on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 7 13/16 inches (23.2 × 19.8 cm) and Frame: 12 5/8 × 11 × 7/8 inches (32 × 28 × 2.3 cm)
Signed in pen and ink, lower right: "D. Wilkie [...] 1835"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | dog (animal) | scratching | Spaniel
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.