King Charles Spaniel
- Additional Title(s):
King Charles Spaniel; a study for the dog in the painting, "The First Ear-ring"
- Graphite, pen and brown ink, brown wash, white gouache and red gouache on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- 9 1/8 × 7 13/16 inches (23.2 × 19.8 cm) and 12 5/8 × 11 × 7/8 inches (32 × 28 × 2.3 cm)
Signed in pen and ink, lower right: "D. Wilkie [...] 1835"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | dog (animal) | scratching | Spaniel
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest: