Porta St. Paolo with Pyramid of Caius Cestius
- ca. 1860
- Materials & Techniques:
- Albumen print on medium, smooth, cream wove paper mounted to board
- Sheet: 9 3/4 × 15 inches (24.8 × 38.1 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower center: "363"
Blind embossed: "R. Macpherson | Rome"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Melville Chapin, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- gate | pyramids
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Porta San Paolo | Pyramid of Cestius | Rome
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Robert MacPherson, 1814–1872, British, Porta St. Paolo with Pyramid of Caius Cestius, ca. 1860
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.