Robert MacPherson, 1814–1872, British, Porta St. Paolo with Pyramid of Caius Cestius, ca. 1860
Porta St. Paolo with Pyramid of Caius Cestius
- ca. 1860
- Albumen print on medium, smooth, cream wove paper mounted to board
- 9 3/4 × 15 inches (24.8 × 38.1 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower center: "363"
Blind embossed: "R. Macpherson | Rome"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Melville Chapin, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- gate | pyramids
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Porta San Paolo | Pyramid of Cestius | Rome
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.