John Sell Cotman
- Additional Title(s):
John Sinclair Cotman
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 x 5 7/8 inches (18.7 x 14.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Johnny Cotman | of Norwich"; on back, center: "Mr. John Sinclair Cotman | Done in the Camera Lucida"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | ascot | coat | cravat | etcher | man | painter | portrait | tie
- Associated People:
- Cotman, John Sell (1782–1842), painter and etcher
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.