Ceiling of the Star Chamber
- Part Of:
- Line engraving on slightly textured, moderately thick, white wove paper
- 8 3/8 × 9 15/16 inches (21.3 × 25.3 cm), 6 1/4 × 8 11/16 inches (15.8 × 22 cm), and 5 1/2 × 8 7/16 inches (13.9 × 21.5 cm)
Lettered in lower center: "Engraved by J.T. Smith", "Cieling of the Star Chamber", "London Published as the Act directs 20 January 1805, by John Thomas Smith, No 36, Newman Street, Oxford Street"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | ceiling
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Thomas Smith, 1766–1833, British, Ceiling of the Star Chamber, 1805
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.