IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by James Basire, 1730–1802, British, Plate X: St Stephen's Chapel, 1795
Plate X: St Stephen's Chapel
- Part Of:
Collective Title: "Some Account of the Collegiate Chapel of Saint Stephen, Westminster", John Topham, 1795
- Line engraving on slightly textured, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 15 5/8 × 22 5/8 inches (39.7 × 57.5 cm), Plate: 14 13/16 × 21 5/8 inches (37.6 × 54.9 cm), Image: 13 1/4 × 20 1/8 inches (33.7 × 51.1 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Sumptibus. Soc. Antiquar. Londini."; lettered, lower right: 'Published according to Act of Parliament, 23d April 1795"; lower right: "Basire Sc"; upper right: "Pl. X"; lettered within image, throughout, letters "A", "B", "C"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Commons | London | Palace of Westminster | St. Stephen's Chapel, Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.