Compartment on One Side, St Stephen's Chapel
- Part Of:
- Line engraving on smooth, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 × 8 1/16 inches (27 × 20.5 cm)
Lettered, upper center: "FOR BRITTON'S CHRONOLOGICAL HISTORY OF ENGLISH ARCHITECTURE"; lower center: "ST STEPHEN'S CHAPEL, WESTMINSTER | COMPARTMENT ON ONE SIDE"; lower center: "London. Published Sepr 1 1825 by Longman & Co Paternoster Row"; lower left: "Drawn by W.H. Bartlett from a Sketch by J. Carter"; lower right: "Engraved by J. Le Keux"; lettered lower right: "Barnett & Co."; and lettered within image, lower left: "C"; lettered within image, lower center: "A"; lettered within image, lower right: "B"; lettered within image, upper right: "D"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | screen
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Commons | London | Palace of Westminster | St. Stephen's Chapel, Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Le Keux, 1783–1846, British, Compartment on One Side, St Stephen's Chapel, 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.