IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Carter, 1748–1817, British, Detail for View in a Chapel in Area of Cloisters of St Stephen's Chapel, Westminster, between 1790 and 1802
Detail for View in a Chapel in Area of Cloisters of St Stephen's Chapel, Westminster
- between 1790 and 1802
- Graphite and pen and black ink on slightly textured, medium, white laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/2 × 6 inches (36.8 × 15.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Detail for | view in a chapel | (drawing in Long Box) | in area of Cloisters of | St Stephens chapel | Westminster"; in pen and black ink, center right:"Parts of cieling"; in black ink, lower center: "head of the arches"; in graphite, center right: "center"; in graphite, dimensions given throughout
Watermark: (sheet trimmed) seated Britannia within oval frame
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Commons | London | Palace of Westminster | St. Stephen's Chapel, Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.